Series on post on random, possibly outdated stuff I care about. (ideally the items would be USUALLY new but you know what!!)
- エナミカツミ (ENAMI KATSUMI), one of my absolute favourite character designer/artists ever, is doing the character designs and artwork for Ys 7!!! Words cannot express my joy, except it is a little dulled because I am unable to obtain a copy of the game. Anyways, this is incredibly old news but I accidentally reminded myself this month, so there you go. The game is being released on September 17th for the PSP.
- 吉田明彦 (YOSHIDA Akihiko), the guy whose artwork drove me so insane it actually made me WANT to play Final Fantasy, is doing the character designs and artwork direction for the new DS FF spinoff, 光の四戦士－ファイナルファンタジー外伝 (Hikari no 4 Senshi – Final Fantasy Gaiden). I guess that another reason that the DS is awesome is because all its main-ish Final Fantasy games are powered by Yoshida Akihiko.
- The sample for the second vocal track in supercell (x nagi)’s 君の知らない物語 single has been released! It’s called LOVE & ROLL, and is CENCOROLL‘s theme song, and the vocals are again by nagi. Really upbeat (mmmm bass), and quite a lot of random English! A pretty awesome departure from ryo’s usual style, and I look foward to the full version.
- Finally stalked Mitsuda Yasunori (Not adding kanji because we all know him I guess?!) again last night to find out that the vocal arrange of his famous Chrono Trigger overworld theme, 風の憧憬 (Yearnings of the Wind) has its sample up! It is sung by 清水翔太 (SHIMIZU Shota) and will be retitled as 風のように (Like the Wind). Hope more of his works become even more known to the world! It’s so awesome.
- Dixie Flatline, the Vocaloid composer of Juvenile and and Gemini fame has uploaded a new song titled Just Be Friends (Nicovideo link) featuring Megurine Luka for vocals and ゆのみ (yunomi, of magnet fame) for artwork/PV! Not only is it incredibly loopable, but it is also (deservedly) dominating the nicovideo rankings. Also that PV is so cute. Reminds me of Honey and Clover for some reason! That is a good thing I believe.